So here is my cross compiled Qemu binaries for Windows.
I added in my Control+Alt+d ‘fix’ to be a Control+Alt+Delete that anyone who runs Windows NT or MS-DOS will no doubt love. Â TheÂ kbd_put_keycode function had been removed, so I also put that back in.
I also undid the weird scaling thing that has been around since version 1.1. Â And I tried my best to merge in some NE2000 fixes.
I threw a Solaris 9 ISO at it, and it booted up to the text installer!
The MIPS ARC firmware however always bombs out on reset with an Interrupt Controller Error.
I tried the ‘doom’ test, and installing DooM 1.1 took FOREVER. Â Writing to the disk is slow. Incredibly slow. I guess forcing the write thru cache is mandatory?
I haven’t tested.
Also DO NOT USE THE PCSPEAKER DEVICE.
I nearly went deaf. Â It doesn’t work properly, but rather loops so that one beep turns into a hurricane of beeps.
I’ve included the needed DLL’s, and compiled everything I could statically. Â I guess I could have fought more but I have other things to do.
So the ‘cut down’ version which is i386/x86_64 only is HERE.
Those who want to try out the various RISC processors download the ‘full’ package HERE.
I noticed with Qemu 18.104.22.168 on Linux that virtual disk writes from DOS were extremely slow, then I converted my virtual hard disk from VMDK to qcow2 format and it made things a lot faster.
I didn’t have any other versions of Qemu around to compare to so I don’t know if this is a new issue.
I got screwed over on a version that broke qcow2. .. so I’ve been using raw and vmdk since.