And it is quite frustrating. Â The most I can do is about 100MB worth of AppleTalk traffic, or 1.5GB of TCP/IP then theÂ receive function EtherReadPacketÂ just stop being called, and then the whole thing stalls out.
I don’t really ‘like’ my solution, but it does work. Â I went ahead and chained theÂ EtherInterrupt function to the 60Hz timer to ensure it’ll fire, and it seems to be working. The good thing is now I’m getting ~200K/sec using pcap or SLiRP. Â So things are faster!
Then after scanning the changelog, I found this interrupt patch, and it doubled my throughput on the network to over 400K/sec!
So now I can copy aboutÂ 350MB worth of data in about 5-7 minutes, and it doesn’t stall out.
I can now copy hundreds of MB worth of stuff from one AT server to another.
What is also surprising is that by using Internet Explorer 4.0.1 for MacOS, I get speeds of around 1.0Mb/sec(with as high as 1.6!)
I know IE has always had a bum rap, but it really is a better legacy browser on MacOS.
I also merged the scsi driver’s buffer with BasiliskII’s buffer so the scatter/gather can now handle the absurd requests of 4MB++ worth of reads in one swoop.