TL;DR it didn’t work, got the exact same result.
Well today was a special day, I got 2 deliveries, one PC SDLC card, and the other being the 4 port high speed serial card for my cisco 7200.
In case you were wondering what was the serial cable, its a CAB-232FC FEM DCE RS-232 cable looks like here is the DB-60 connector side:
And here is the DB-25 side.
VERY RS-232 isn’t it?
Connect the cable to the to the router! Easy!
The router doesn’t have any PCMCIA storage so I configured the thing to get it’s IOS from a FTP server.I have to say that netbooting works great.
Slot the card into the board I found in the trash that has an ISA slot, and we’re off to the races! I wanted try to replicate my NT setup, so Server 3.5 was installing when of course:
Of course this 400Mhz Celeron is going to break the lookup list as anything beyond Pentium is too much. 🙁 I just installed on Qemu instead, and used MS-DOS backup/restore. Yes it worked!
On the SNA server install, I used the IBM SDLC option hoping it was this card I’d bought. I got lucky it was!
Just like 9track.net I kept it ‘leased’ and no constant RTS.
One thing to note about this SDLC card is that it takes IRQ 4 & DMA 1. So there goes any hope of a Sound Blaster or COM1. It’s not the end of the world.
And of course, I got the exact same result as last time.
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
I can see the serial interface up and passing traffic, and the DLSW circuit builds and is established.
I’ll either edit this with more details, or just follow up. I’m tired, and my eyes are blurry. But I thought I’d post this much to the world.