I can’t find any source of the 0.5 versions, and I had issues with 0.6.x Â but with enough mashing of stuff around I did manage to get 0.7.6 to compile, then leaning more on the xwin.c source file I was able to get the SDL output working for 32bit depth (does anyone even have 8bit displays anymore?). Â I suppose with this version working I can go back and take a stab at resurrecting 0.6.x
What is cool is that 0.7.6 (perhaps earlier versions of 0.7?) switched from a non commercial license to the GPL 2.0 license.
I managed to ‘fix’ the keyboard in this version so that not only does it not type too fast, but it’ll remember “sticky” keys like shift, control & meta. Â So now you can actually use the CLI, and change disks. Â Double clicking is an impossibility as it simply runs far too fast. Â I compiled in audio support but didn’t bother with the SDL end, as it would sound like noise with it running so fast.
I also updated UAE 0.4, with the fixed keyboard code, and it’s usable now as well, with the same caveat that it simply is just too fast. Â UAE is from an era where a 100Mhz computer was a luxury item. Â Now some $5 computer, you could pack in breakfast cereal has a 1Ghz processor.
For the 2/3 people who care, I put the binary & source tree on sourceforge here. UAE 0.4 & UAE 0.1 are also available for download, plus all the source code I’ve been able to find.