Remember my old Quake port to MS-DOS that included that WatTcp package so that you could play on the internet under glorious MS-DOS? Â Well it’s kind of taken a life onto its own, and thanks to the hard work of Frank Sapone, it picked up all kinds of updates including:
- Chat buffer upto 32 lines
- Unbindall protection.
- 1600×1200 VESA support. Thanks to RayeR for suggestion.
- SHOW_UPTIME CVAR. See how long you’ve been playing :P.
- SHOW_TIME CVAR. Set 1 for Military time, or 2 for 12hr AM/PM format.
- (QDOS) All 5 drivers can coexist! BWTCP, IPX, MPATH, WATT32, and Serial/Modem. (Thanks to sezero of Hexen 2: HoT port).
- (QDOS) CL_NODEMO. Disabled startup demos! You can also use -nodemo.
- (QDOS) PQ_FULLPITCH and CL_FULLPITCH support.
- (QWDOS) Menu options for V_CONTENTBLEND, NET_SHOWCHAT, and NET_SHOWGFX. These cvars will also be saved to your config.cfg.
- F_VERSION reply.
- (QWDOS) Players will emit a dynamic light and a spinning quad if they are typing, silver key if they are AFK, gold key if they are AFK and typing (only works on servers that support setinfo chat).
- (QWDOS) Typing and AFK broadcasting to servers that support it.
- (QWDOS) /AFK to manually invoke AFK mode.
- (QWDOS) /NET_SHOWCHAT 1 to have the console (and top of the screen) tell you who is typing or AFK when it occurs.
- (QDOS) Gun model is still drawn with FOV over 90.
- (QDOS) /V_CONTENTBLEND and a menu option for it. This cvar is also saved to your config.cfg.
- /JOY_RECALIBRATE so you can recalibrate your joystick on-the-fly!
- /V_CONTENTBLEND 0 now functions just like gl_polyblend (i.e. disabling powerup flashes, damage flashes, etc.).
- -NOGUS parameter. Useful if you have two sound cards and want to disable initializing the Gravis Ultrasound.
- Extended limits, you should be able to play most maps. (WARPSPASM mod will never be supported unless someone is willing to help with the code!)
Whew isn’t that great?
I’ll have to check to see how much of this I can backport to OS/2…
You can download it, and more here. Â And in the meantime I’ve put up my server onÂ 220.127.116.11 … Enjoy!