Well sort of.
I looked at the source again, and for some reason 99% of it compiled without issue. I recall having all kinds of issues, but clearly I was doing something wrong back then. At any rate, all I really had to do was modify the commenting style in the 8086 boot block code, and modify the image creation tool to open files in O_BINARY mode for Windows, and I got an image that will boot, then panic because it has issues reading the hard disk. I tried the seemingly small ‘fix’ from Linux 0.11 but it’s not working.
If anyone cares, I updated the sourceforge download, as MinGW-aout-linux–001_010_011.7z