And I saw my old look at Mach+Lites. And of course there was a qcow disk image associated with some ancient version of Qemu which I can’t run on Wine on OS X. So I figured with a bit of fun I’d update the disk image to work with Qemu 1.7.0.
Luckily Qemu 0.15.1 works just fine for it’s qemu-img. So a quick
qemu-img convert -f qcow -O vmdk mach.img mach.vmdk
and I had my image. I’m not sure of what the NE2000 parameters that Mach can use to enable the network, but I do recall it was easier to just rebuild Qemu around them. However this time, I switched to the Mach kernel that utilized Linux device drivers to get a working network.
I updated the hard disk file here.
For the two or three people who care about BSD evolutionary dead ends.