I forget how I got linked back to this, but I figured in the new year vogue, I’d make a video to show how … convaluted it is to build dungeon via f2c.
As you can see, first I have to compile f2c as a Windows QuickWin exe as the MS-DOS version just runs out of memory without some kind of DOS Extender, and Windows 3.0 makes a suitable extender..
Next, I had to make a ‘list’ program that then exectued f2c against the Fortran converting them to C. Then finally I just compile the libf2c components, then statically add in the Dungeon source that was just converted. There is some ‘out of range’ case statement, not sure why, but it works… as you can see.
It builds/runs in 286 enhanced mode and beyond.. Obviously the more memory the better.
This was on Qemu 0.15.0 with MS-DOS 4.01 & Windows 3.0